is the international standard for IT service management.
This standard enables you to independently demonstrate to your customers that you meet best practice.
is applicable to any organization, large or small, in any sector or part of the world which relies on IT services. The standard is particularly applicable to internal / external IT service providers, IT departments and IT outsourcing organizations.
ISO/IEC 20000 certification demonstrates that an organization has adequate controls and procedures in place to consistently deliver a cost effective, quality IT service.
Some of the key benefits are listed below:
Certifying your ISMS against ISO 27001 can bring the following benefits to your organization:
- IT service providers become more responsive to business driven rather than technology driven
- External service providers can use certification as a differentiator and win new business as this increasingly becomes a contractual requirement
- It gives more opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting costs and service
- Certification audits enable the regular evaluation of the service management processes, which helps to maintain and improve effectiveness
- The certification process can reduce the amount of supplier audits, thereby reducing costs
- ISO/IEC 20000 is fully compatible with the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) framework of best practice guidance for ITSM processes